Week 9 pt.2
Part 2 includes Overview and Questions for Mark 8-9 and Psalms 8
Jesus feeds the multitude. Jesus refuses to do a miracle. Jesus questions his disciples and tells them what’s to come.
- How many days had the multitude been with Jesus?
- What problem arose?
- How many loaves of bread did they have?
- What did Jesus do?
- How many fish did they have? What did Jesus do with the fish?
- How many people were fed?
- Who came after to Jesus? What were they requesting?
- Define tempting:
- What was Jesus’ response? Why did he refuse to do a miracle?
- Define leaven:
- Was Jesus referring to food when he warned the disciple of the Pharisees leaven? What was he referring to?
- Where did they come to now?
- How did Jesus heal the blind man?
- What did Jesus tell him NOT to do?
- What question did Jesus ask the disciples?
- What was their response?
- Do we still see this view point today?
- What then did Jesus say?
- Who responded? What did he say?
- Define Christ:
- How did Jesus respond to his answer?
- Why do you suppose Jesus told them not to tell anyone?
- What next did Jesus begin to teach them?
- What did Peter do? Why?
- How did Jesus Respond to Peter? Was Jesus calling Peter Satan?
- Look at verses 34-38 carefully. What does it mean to deny one’s self? Take up his cross?
- What will happen if we are ashamed of Christ?
The transfiguration of Christ. Jesus heals boy with dumb spirit
- Define transfiguration:
- Who did Jesus take with him high on the mountain?
- Describe the transfiguration that took place
- What did Peter want to do in response to what he had seen? Why did Peter say that?
- What did the voice say from the cloud?
- Who was left standing?
- What did Jesus command of them?
- What question did the disciples ask among themselves?
- Who did Jesus see questioning the disciples? What did he ask them?
- What was wrong with the man’s son? How long had he had it?
- Define dumb:
- Who could not case out the spirit?
- Explain what happened next.
- What had the spirit done to the boy?
- What do we learn about spirits from this incident?
- The man said, “I believe, help my unbelief”. Why do you believe he said this?
- Does this quote apply to any areas of our life?
- Why weren’t the disciples able to cast out the unclean spirit?
- What did Jesus reiterate to the disciples?
- Did they understand?
- What did the disciples dispute?
- What did Jesus say regarding the desire to be first/great?
- Define offend:
- Explain the example Jesus gave regarding your members offending you? Should you really cut them off or pluck them out? What is Jesus saying?
- What is the fire that Jesus says we’ll be salted with?
(The entire 8th Chapter of Psalms is my fav.. So I included the entire chapter)
Psalm 8 King James Version (KJV)
8 O Lord, our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.
2 Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.
3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:
7 All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;
8 The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.
9 O Lord our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!
We are redeemed through Christ. Our identity.
- Who wrote the book of Ephesians?
- Who was the book/letter written to?
- When did God choose us?
- How should we live?
- Is the Lord’s will for us a mystery?
- Christ is above what?
- Define principality:
- Define power:
- Define might:
- Define dominion:
- What is the church?
Questions, comments, or concerns? Email us at: email@example.com