Week 9 pt. 1
Part 1 includes Overview and Questions for Exodus chapters 17-26
The murmurings of Israel continue. The Lord provides water. The children of Israel battle.
- What did the children of Israel complain about?
- What did they say to Moses?
- What did God tell Moses to do?
- Define Chiding:
- What was the name of the place called?
- Who went to the top of the hill with Moses?
- What happened when Moses held up his hand? When he let down his hand?
- What analogy do you see from this incident?
- Define discomfit:
- What did Aaron and Hur do when Moses hands were tired?
- Define Jehovahnissi:
- What does Jehovahnissi mean to you?
Moses is visited by Jethro. Moses judges the people. Judges are established.
- What was the name of Moses wife and two sons that Jethro took back?
- Define obeisance:
- How did his father-in-law react to Moses testimony of how the Lord delivered the Children of Israel?
- What did Jethro say? What did he do in reference to the Lord?
- How did Moses act as a judge to the people?
- Who disagreed and why?
- What did Jethro say to Moses concerning God and the people?
- Define Judge:
- We now see why God established judges. What more does this say to you regarding the creation of judges and the mistreatment of the title/position?
- What were the requirements of a judge?
- Why do you believe the requirements were important?
- What type of cases were brought to Moses?
The children are in the wilderness. Moses Sanctifies the people. Moses meets with God on the mount.
- What month did the people go into the wilderness of Sinai?
- What did God tell Moses regarding the children of Israel?
- Did the people agree to do all these things?
- How did the Lord say that he was going to come to the people?
- What do you believe is the significance of the people washing their clothes and sanctifying themselves before the Lord was to come and visit them?
- Explain, “come not at your wives”. Why was this important?
- Explain the meeting on Mt. Sinai (verses 16-19).
- Who did God allow to come up with Moses?
God gives the 10 Commandments
- List the 10 Commandments:
- Define graven:
- Define likeness:
- Define Holy:
- Define Kill:
- Define Honor:
- Define Covet:
- How did the people respond?
- How did Moses respond?
- What else did God say that the people shall not do?
Laws on Servants
- What was the law according to slaves and their families? Maidservants?
- What’s the law regarding murder? Killing parents?
- What’s the law against stealing? Cursing parents? Restitution?
- Explain verses 22-25.
- What happens to the servant of a man who smites the eye or tooth of them that serves him?
- What does the law speak regarding accountability, responsibility? How do we see the laws being broken in our own American history regarding slavery?
Restitutions and other laws are given
- Explain restitutions. Give a few examples.
- Define dowry:
- Define vex:
- Explain verse 18-24
- Define Usury:
- Explain Verse 25
- Define Curse:
Laws regarding Ethics and worship of other gods.
- List some more laws that the Lord gave.
- Define circumspect:
- What did the Lord instruct the children of Israel regarding the gods of the land that he would bring them to?
- What did God say that he will do if they were obedient?
- How will the Lord drive out the Hivites?
- Should they make covenants with the people of that land?
- What would happen if they serve their gods?
- Define snare:
Moses goes to the Mount with tablets
- How did the people respond to the word of the Lord and his judgments?
- What happened when God and Moses met on the Mount? Did they see God?
- What did God tell Moses to bring up to the mount?
- What did Moses tell the elders regarding the matters of the people?
- What covered the mount? How many days?
- How many days was Moses on the mount?
Chapter 25 &26
God gave instructions for building the Tabernacle. Note: Ark of the Testimony is interchangeable with the Ark of the Covenant.
- What was an acceptable offering? (Don’t think possessions)
- What items would the Lord accept?
- What is the “Mercy Seat”?
- What did God say the purpose of the Mercy Seat was?
- What else did God say to place inside/on the Ark
Questions, Comments, Concerns?
Comment below or email us @: firstname.lastname@example.org