Bible Challenge Week 7 pt. 2
Overview and Questions: Galatians 3-4, Mark 7
Paul continues writing to the Galatians regarding faith, law, covenants and identity in Christ Jesus.
- Define Bewitch.
- How does Paul describe the Galatians? V.1
- Define Foolish.
- In your own words, what is verse 3 saying?
- What does verse 5 mean when it says, …and worketh miracles amoung you, doeth he it by the works of law, or by the hearing of faith?
- Why does verse 10 say that, “For as many are of the works of the law are under the curse.”?
- How shall one live?
- In regards to verse 12, what can we learn about one who lives IN the law?
- Define Disannul.
- Why was the Law added? V19 Until when?
- Now how are we justified? Through __________.
- Look at verses 24-25. What is the schoolmaster? What was the purpose of the schoolmaster? Are we still under a schoolmaster?
- Explain your identity according to verses 26-29.
Paul speaks of the correlation between children/servant and law/Christ, having zeal and being free children.
- What is the correlation between a child and a slave according to the scripture?
- What do you believe are the elements of the world?
- How does the example of Child and being a slave compare to the Law and Jesus?
- Define Beggarly.
- What does Beggarly elements mean?
- What can you conclude from verses 9-10?
- Is it OK to observe certain holidays, traditions, days? Is it sin not to?
- Define Zeal/Zealous.
- What can we conclude from verses 14-16 in relation to how people will receive you first and how they will receive you once you begin to correct them?
- What is Paul saying in Verse 18? What does this suggest about the behavior and attitude of the people?
- Define Allegory.
- What does verses 24-31 tell us?
Pharisees and Scribes confront Jesus regarding his disciples. Jesus responds with a parable regarding things that defile a person. Jesus departs and is met by a women whose daughter has an unclean spirit.
- Do your own research on the Pharisees and Scribes, and tell me what you find.
- Where did the Pharisees and Scribes come from?
- Define defiled.
- What did the Pharisees and Scribes have a problem with?
- What question did they ask Jesus?
- What was Jesus’ response?
- Explain verse 15.
- Why did Jesus say that what entereth a man cannot defile him?
- What defiles a man? Why?
- From where do all these things come from?
- What can we learn about the parable and the response that Jesus gave?
- How do you respond to someone who says that you are unclean if you eat pork; fish etc?
- Where did Jesus depart to?
- Who was he met by?
- What did Jesus say? V.27
- Did Jesus touch the girl when she was delivered of the devil?
- What was wrong with the man brought to Jesus on the coasts of Decapolis?
- What did Jesus do? V.33
- What did he say?
- What did he charge them? But what happened?
Would you like to join the Bible Challenge? Email us @ email@example.com