Week 4 Part 2.
Thank you for your patience. I am late with the summary and questions for Mark 2-5.
But without further ado – here is the summary and discussion questions.
Jesus is in Capernaum and people began to notice where he was. People started to gather together to the point that there was literally no more room for anyone else. There was a man sick with Palsy – Jesus seeing the faith of the man he heals him. The scribes thought that this was inappropriate.
Jesus also taught more people. He tells Levi to follow him. He then eats at his house and people begin to question why he is eating with such people and why his disciples were not fasting. Jesus address the Sabbath.
- What issue did that man at Capernaum have?
- Why wasn’t he able to reach Jesus?
- Why did Jesus say to the man Son, thy sins be forgiven thee? Why did he say this first?
- Why did the people think that this was blasphemous?
- Verse 10 tells us that Jesus had the power to forgive sins on earth, if God is the only one who is able to forgive sins – what does this say about the characteristic or the essence of God’s identity?
- Why do you believe that the people were upset that he sat & ate with Publicans and sinners?
- What was Jesus’ response to communing with them? V.17
- Does this give us (followers of Jesus Christ the green light to befriend those who are not Christians?)
- What was Jesus’ response to why his disciples were not fasting?
- What was the significance of v20-22?
- What did Jesus say regarding the Sabbath day?
There is a man with a withered hand, and people were waiting to accuse him of healing, because again it was the Sabbath day. Jesus heals the man – speaks with the people and removes himself to the sea. Jesus goes up to a mountain where he picks 12 Disciples. Jesus speaks about a divided kingdom, the unforgiveable sin, and knowledge regarding family
- What does, withered hand mean?
- What did Jesus say to the man?
- What did Jesus say to the people?
- Why was Jesus grieved?
- What do Pharisee’s do immediately after Jesus heals the man? Why?
- Where did Jesus go and list the places that the people came from to see Jesus?
- Why do you believe that Jesus made sure that the disciples had a ship awaiting him?
- Why did Jesus charge the unclean spirits not to make known who he was?
- List the names of the 12 Disciples that Jesus chose?
- What were his intentions for the disciples?
- What did the multitude accuse Jesus of?
- What was Jesus’ response?
- What sin cannot be forgiven?
- What does Jesus say about family?
Jesus teaches the multitude from a ship while they sit on the land. He teaches in parables to the people and then explains/expounds on the parables to his disciples. After wards while on the ship, there was a great storm of wind. Jesus works another miracle and the disciples are amazed!
- How does Jesus teach the people?
- What is a parable?
- Why did Jesus say he taught the people in parables?
- What did you get out of the Jesus’ parable regarding the Sower’s seed? Who is the sower? What’s the seed? Who are the fowls of the air? Stony ground/good ground? What is the fruit that sprang up?
- Based on the parable – do you see yourself in relation to your reception of the word of God?
- 14-20 Explains the parable. Was your interpretation correct?
- List the other parables that Jesus speaks of?
- Which parable spoke to you?
- What can we learn about Jesus’ teaching style?
- How does this help us when it comes to evangelism?
- What was the storm like? V.36-27
- Where was Jesus and what was he doing while the storm was taking place?
- What did the disciples say to Jesus?
- What was his response?
- What was the response of His disciples?
Jesus and the disciples come to land and they get out of the ship. Immediately, they are met by a man with an unclean spirit. Jesus cast the unclean spirits out of the man. The people begged Jesus to leave. Before leaving, Jesus tells the man whom he delivered to go and tell the people what had happened.
Later Jesus is greeted by a man who wishes Jesus to heal his daughter. While on his way to see about the man’s daughter, a woman who had the issue of blood, touches the garment of Jesus. She is healed. Jesus arrives to the house of the man who’s daughter is ill – however she is already dead.
- After the Jesus and the disciples got off the ship, what country did they come to?
- Who were they met by?
- What does scripture say about the man’s condition?
- What did the man do when he seen Jesus?
- How did the man know who Jesus was already?
- Why do you believe that Jesus asked spirit its name? What does it mean?
- Where did Jesus cast the devils to? What happened to them?
- What happened to the man whom the devils were cast out?
- What did Jesus tell the man?
- Why do you believe that the people begged Jesus to leave?
- What was the name of the ruler of the synagogue that fell at the feet of Jesus?
- The woman who touched Jesus’ garment said what? V.28
- What is the significance of v.27-28? And in regards to faith?
- What happened as a result of her touching his garment?
- What does verse 30 mean?
- What did Jesus say to the woman?
- Why did Jesus say that the girl is not dead but sleep? What’s the difference?
- How old was the girl?
Would you like to Join? It’s not too late…
Please comment or email us at: email@example.com