Proverbs 18:22, 1 Thessalonians 5:22, Genesis2:20
So many women are quick to jump on the Proverbs 31 woman bandwagon. However, when looking at the scripture and all the it takes truly BE a proverbs 31 woman…. It takes work!
I have taken a look at the scripture before, but I decided to take look a little deeper into what the passage means to ME. I’ve summed this up in bullet points:
What Exactly is a Proverbs 31 Woman: She is
- Invaluable, Cherished, Priceless
- One whom her husband trusts
- Working willingly, Not Lazy
- Brings good qualities to the household
- Invests (could be monetary, or time, spiritually etc)
- Wakes up early to manage the household
- Strong, fit, healthy
- Recognizes that what she brings to the home is profitable to the family
- Not discouraged
- Always Seeking Godly Pearls
- Helps and serves the Poor
- Home is warm and well ran
- Clothes herself well
- Wears the clothing that Christ has draped her in with dignity and authority
- Her Husband is admired and respected due to her goodness
- Clothed in strength courage, stability, respect, confidence, dignity, and honesty
- Careful about what she says, and speaks with wisdom and kindness
- Isn’t lazy
- Her children honor and respect her
- Her husband approves, and adores her
- All these bullet points are important but nothing is greater than being a Wife who fears God
Taking a look at the list, it’s pretty overwhelming to be completely honest. It shows me how far away from a virtuous woman I truly am.I know that I have some work to do.
But it’s not discouragement, but encouragement.
I know that I can be the woman that God created me to be, if I truly allow God to groom and mold me.
Are you a virtuous woman? Have a virtuous Wife? What are some of your tips?