Blessed: consecrated; sacred; holy; sanctified: divinely or supremely favored; fortunate: blissfully happy or contented
Favored: regarded or treated with preference or partiality: enjoying special advantages; privileged: excessive kindness or unfair partiality; preferential treatment:
Many times when I’ve said, “I’m Blessed” or have heard someone say “I’m blessed” it is after something has happened in my favor, or in the favor of the person making the statement.
Do I really KNOW what the WORD BLESSED means? Or is it something said out of habit? Tradition? Do I truly believe that I am blessed?
These questions prompted me to define the word so that I have a clear understanding of what it really means.
First, I believe in HOLINESS. I believe that my body is a living sacrifice, which is to be HOLY and ACCEPTABLE UNTO GOD, which is my REASONABLE SERVICE. (Romans 12:1)
Secondly, am I believe that I am favored and fortunate by God. Why? So many reasons:
- I am Alive. The Lord woke me up this morning.
- I have mobility of my limbs, along with my voice, and eyesight. I am able to dance, and worship and sing praises unto God.
- I know Who God is. I am not guessing on His existence.
- I have access to Gods Word. (Bible)
- I feel Gods presence often.
- I am able to pray to God (whenever, where ever) AND I know that He hears me.
- I am able to REPENT.
- I am FORGIVEN.
- I received the Gift the Holy Ghost (God’s Spirit), and His spirit lives on the inside of me.
- Have and expected end. (Life after death: Heaven)
I literally could go on and on, but I thought for the sake of time, I would stop at ten reasons! The AWESOME and AMAZING thing about my list is that the things listed do not only apply to me. If you are reading this blog, you are blessed because you ARE alive and can see.
If you don’t know who God is – the awesome thing about God is he will, can, and already is revealing himself to you. All you have to do is ask God to reveal himself to you, believe, and he will!
I also came to the realization that being “BLESSED” has nothing to do with material possessions. My treasures aren’t of this earth. (Matthew 6:20-21) My hearts content should be in the comfort of knowing God and his promises, not on the seesaw condition of the economy, my bank account, friendships/relationships, etc. But solely on the unchanging Love of God; Christ Jesus.
So yes, I AM BLESSED!
And guess what?! You are too!